Related occupations for task:
Compare a property with similar properties that have recently sold to determine its competitive market price.
||Appraisers and Assessors of Real Estate
- Compute final estimation of property values, taking into account such factors as depreciation, replacement costs, value comparisons of similar properties, and income potential.
- Inspect new construction and major improvements to existing structures to determine values.
- Inspect properties, considering factors such as market value, location, and building or replacement costs to determine appraisal value.
- Evaluate land and neighborhoods where properties are situated, considering locations and trends or impending changes that could influence future values.
- Check building codes and zoning bylaws to determine any effects on the properties being appraised.
- Interview persons familiar with properties and immediate surroundings, such as contractors, home owners, and realtors, to obtain pertinent information.
- Examine the type and location of nearby services, such as shopping centers, schools, parks, and other neighborhood features, to evaluate their impact on property values.
- Determine taxability of properties, using methods such as field inspection, structural measurement, calculation, sales analysis, market trend studies, and income and expense analysis.
||Appraisers of Personal and Business Property
- Calculate the value of property based on comparisons to recent sales, estimated cost to reproduce, and anticipated property income streams.
- Update appraisals when property has been improved, damaged, or has otherwise changed.
||Real Estate Brokers
- Compare a property with similar properties that have recently sold to determine its competitive market price.
- Appraise property values, assessing income potential when relevant.
||Claims Adjusters, Examiners, and Investigators
- Investigate and assess damage to property and create or review property damage estimates.
||Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products
- Appraise equipment to determine contract terms or trade-in values.