Related occupations for task:
Refer clients to community resources for services, such as job placement, debt counseling, legal aid, housing, medical treatment, or financial assistance, and provide concrete information, such as where to go and how to apply.
||Educational, Guidance, and Career Counselors and Advisors
- Refer students to degree programs based on interests, aptitudes, or educational assessments.
- Assess needs for assistance, such as rehabilitation, financial aid, or additional vocational training, and refer clients to the appropriate services.
- Refer qualified counselees to employers or employment services for job placement.
||Probation Officers and Correctional Treatment Specialists
- Provide offenders or inmates with assistance in matters concerning detainers, sentences in other jurisdictions, writs, and applications for social assistance.
- Identify and approve work placements for offenders with community service sentences.
||Marriage and Family Therapists
- Determine whether clients should be counseled or referred to other specialists in such fields as medicine, psychiatry, or legal aid.
- Provide instructions to clients on how to obtain help with legal, financial, and other personal issues.
||Social and Human Service Assistants
- Provide information or refer individuals to public or private agencies or community services for assistance.
- Assist in locating housing for displaced individuals.
||Community Health Workers
- Refer community members to needed health services.
- Assist families to apply for social services, including Medicaid or Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).
See all 12 related occupations >>