Related occupations for task:
Refer clients to community resources for services, such as job placement, debt counseling, legal aid, housing, medical treatment, or financial assistance, and provide concrete information, such as where to go and how to apply.
||Educational, Guidance, School, and Vocational Counselors
- Assess needs for assistance, such as rehabilitation, financial aid, or additional vocational training, and refer clients to the appropriate services.
- Refer students to degree programs based on interests, aptitudes, or educational assessments.
- Refer qualified counselees to employers or employment services for job placement.
||Probation Officers and Correctional Treatment Specialists
- Provide offenders or inmates with assistance in matters concerning detainers, sentences in other jurisdictions, writs, and applications for social assistance.
- Identify and approve work placements for offenders with community service sentences.
||Social and Human Service Assistants
- Provide information or refer individuals to public or private agencies or community services for assistance.
- Assist in locating housing for displaced individuals.
||Community Health Workers
- Refer community members to needed health services.
- Assist families to apply for social services, including Medicaid or Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).
- Participate in job development and placement programs, contacting prospective employers, placing clients in jobs, and evaluating the success of placements.
See all 11 related occupations >>