Related occupations for task:
Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
||Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks
- Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts, manually or using computers.
- Post charges, such as those for rooms, food, liquor, or telephone calls, to ledgers, manually or by using computers.
- Record guest comments or complaints, referring customers to managers as necessary.
- Perform bookkeeping activities, such as balancing accounts and conducting nightly audits.
||Billing and Posting Clerks
- Prepare itemized statements, bills, or invoices and record amounts due for items purchased or services rendered.
- Perform bookkeeping work, including posting data or keeping other records concerning costs of goods or services or the shipment of goods.
- Keep records of invoices and support documents.
- Return checks to customers or retrieve checks returned to customers in error, adjusting accounts and answering inquiries about errors as necessary.
||Loan Interviewers and Clerks
- Record applications for loan and credit, loan information, and disbursements of funds, using computers.
- File and maintain loan records.
- Calculate, review, and correct errors on interest, principal, payment, and closing costs, using computers or calculators.
||Insurance Claims and Policy Processing Clerks
- Calculate premiums, refunds, commissions, adjustments, or new reserve requirements, using insurance rate standards.
- Modify, update, or process existing policies and claims to reflect any change in beneficiary, amount of coverage, or type of insurance.
- Organize or work with detailed office or warehouse records, maintaining files for each policyholder, including policies that are to be reinstated or cancelled.
- Balance currency, coin, and checks in cash drawers at ends of shifts and calculate daily transactions, using computers, calculators, or adding machines.
- Compute financial fees, interest, and service charges.
- Process and maintain records of customer loans.
See more related occupations >>