Related occupations for task:
Compare computer printouts to manually maintained journals to determine if they match.
- Cash checks and pay out money after verifying that signatures are correct, that written and numerical amounts agree, and that accounts have sufficient funds.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts, and check accuracy of deposit slips.
- Examine checks for endorsements and to verify other information, such as dates, bank names, identification of the persons receiving payments, and the legality of the documents.
- Prepare and verify cashier's checks.
- Identify transaction mistakes when debits and credits do not balance.
- Receive mortgage, loan, or public utility bill payments, verifying payment dates and amounts due.
- Count, verify, and post armored car deposits.
- Monitor bank vaults to ensure cash balances are correct.
- Compare suppliers' bills with bids and purchase orders to verify accuracy.
- Review requisition orders to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- Verify signatures and required information on checks.
- Match statements with batches of canceled checks by account numbers.
||Insurance Policy Processing Clerks
- Review and verify data, such as age, name, address, and principal sum and value of property on insurance applications and policies.
- Check computations of interest accrued, premiums due, and settlement surrender on loan values.
||Loan Interviewers and Clerks
- Verify and examine information and accuracy of loan application and closing documents.
- Calculate, review, and correct errors on interest, principal, payment, and closing costs, using computers or calculators.
See all 18 related occupations >>