Related occupations for task:
Ensure payment for services by verifying benefits with the person's insurance provider or working out financing options.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts, and check accuracy of deposit slips.
- Monitor bank vaults to ensure cash balances are correct.
- Cash checks and pay out money after verifying that signatures are correct, that written and numerical amounts agree, and that accounts have sufficient funds.
- Examine checks for endorsements and to verify other information, such as dates, bank names, identification of the persons receiving payments, and the legality of the documents.
- Prepare and verify cashier's checks.
- Identify transaction mistakes when debits and credits do not balance.
- Receive mortgage, loan, or public utility bill payments, verifying payment dates and amounts due.
- Count, verify, and post armored car deposits.
||Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Match order forms with invoices, and record the necessary information.
- Prepare bank deposits by compiling data from cashiers, verifying and balancing receipts, and sending cash, checks, or other forms of payment to banks.
- Compare computer printouts to manually maintained journals to determine if they match.
||Bill and Account Collectors
- Arrange for debt repayment or establish repayment schedules, based on customers' financial situations.
- Persuade customers to pay amounts due on credit accounts, damage claims, or nonpayable checks, or to return merchandise.
- Negotiate credit extensions when necessary.
||Loan Interviewers and Clerks
- Verify and examine information and accuracy of loan application and closing documents.
- Calculate, review, and correct errors on interest, principal, payment, and closing costs, using computers or calculators.
- Establish credit limits and grant extensions of credit on overdue accounts.
- Compare suppliers' bills with bids and purchase orders to verify accuracy.
- Review requisition orders to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
See more related occupations >>