Related occupations for task:
Review work done by others to check for correct spelling and grammar, ensure that company format policies are followed, and recommend revisions.
||Proofreaders and Copy Markers
- Mark copy to indicate and correct errors in type, arrangement, grammar, punctuation, or spelling, using standard printers' marks.
- Read corrected copies or proofs to ensure that all corrections have been made.
- Correct or record omissions, errors, or inconsistencies found.
- Typeset and measure dimensions, spacing, and positioning of page elements, such as copy and illustrations, to verify conformance to specifications, using printer's ruler or layout software.
- Read proof sheets aloud, calling out punctuation marks and spelling unusual words and proper names.
||Office Clerks, General
- Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports.
- Type, format, proofread, and edit correspondence and other documents, from notes or dictating machines, using computers or typewriters.
- Prepare, proofread, or process legal documents, such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, or pretrial agreements.
- Perform clerical duties such as typing, proofreading, and sorting mail.
- Check preliminary and final proofs for errors and make necessary corrections.
See all 12 related occupations >>