Related Occupations for Task
49-9044.00 - Millwrights
Related occupations for task:
Assemble machines, and bolt, weld, rivet, or otherwise fasten them to foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools.
||Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
- Weld separately or in combination, using aluminum, stainless steel, cast iron, and other alloys.
- Select and install torches, torch tips, filler rods, and flux, according to welding chart specifications or types and thicknesses of metals.
- Ignite torches or start power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits.
- Guide and direct flames or electrodes on or across workpieces to straighten, bend, melt, or build up metal.
||Musical Instrument Repairers and Tuners
- Assemble and install new pipe organs and pianos in buildings.
- Solder or weld frames of mallet instruments and metal drum parts.
- Assemble bars onto percussion instruments.
- Stretch drumheads over rim hoops and tuck them around and under the hoops, using hand tucking tools.
||Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Set up, operate, or tend welding machines that join or bond components to fabricate metal products or assemblies.
- Correct problems by adjusting controls or by stopping machines and opening holding devices.
- Tend auxiliary equipment used in welding processes.
- Start, monitor, and adjust robotic welding production lines.
- Assemble new bicycles.
- Build wheels by cutting and threading new spokes.
- Weld broken or cracked frames together, using oxyacetylene torches and welding rods.
||Maintenance and Repair Workers, General
- Operate cutting torches or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Assemble boilers at installation sites, using tools such as levels, plumb bobs, hammers, torches, or other hand tools.
See more related occupations >>