Related occupations for task:
Disassemble broken or defective equipment to facilitate repair and reassemble equipment when repairs are complete.
||Musical Instrument Repairers and Tuners
- Reassemble instruments following repair, using hand tools and power tools and glue, hair, yarn, resin, or clamps, and lubricate instruments as necessary.
- Disassemble instruments and parts for repair and adjustment.
- Place rim hoops back onto drum shells to allow new drumheads to dry and become taut.
||Control and Valve Installers and Repairers, Except Mechanical Door
- Disassemble and repair mechanical control devices or valves, such as regulators, thermostats, or hydrants, using power tools, hand tools, and cutting torches.
- Dismantle meters, and replace or adjust defective parts such as cases, shafts, gears, disks, and recording mechanisms, using soldering irons and hand tools.
- Reassemble repaired equipment, and solder top, front, and back case panels in place, using soldering guns, power tools, and hand tools.
||Tire Repairers and Changers
- Reassemble tires onto wheels.
- Separate tubed tires from wheels, using rubber mallets and metal bars or mechanical tire changers.
||Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
- Reassemble repaired electric motors to specified requirements and ratings, using hand tools and electrical meters.
- Disassemble defective equipment so that repairs can be made, using hand tools.
- Dismantle engines and repair or replace defective parts, such as magnetos, carburetors, or generators.
- Reassemble frames and reinstall engines after repairs.
See more related occupations >>