Related occupations for task:
Prepare geological maps, cross-sectional diagrams, charts, or reports concerning mineral extraction, land use, or resource management, using results of fieldwork or laboratory research.
||Forest and Conservation Technicians
- Map forest tract data using digital mapping systems.
- Survey, measure, and map access roads and forest areas such as burns, cut-over areas, experimental plots, and timber sales sections.
||Precision Agriculture Technicians
- Create, layer, and analyze maps showing precision agricultural data, such as crop yields, soil characteristics, input applications, terrain, drainage patterns, or field management history.
- Draw or read maps, such as soil, contour, or plat maps.
||Geological Technicians, Except Hydrologic Technicians
- Prepare notes, sketches, geological maps, or cross-sections.
- Plot information from aerial photographs, well logs, section descriptions, or other databases.
||Surveying and Mapping Technicians
- Trim, align, and join prints to form photographic mosaics, maintaining scaled distances between reference points.
- Create and modify maps, graphs, or diagrams, using geographical information software and related equipment, and principles of cartography, such as coordinate systems, longitude, latitude, elevation, topography, and map scales.
See all 6 related occupations >>