Related occupations for task:
Provide information or refer individuals to public or private agencies or community services for assistance.
||Educational, Guidance, and Career Counselors and Advisors
- Plan and promote career and employment-related programs and events, such as career planning presentations, work experience programs, job fairs, and career workshops.
- Address community groups, faculty, and staff members to explain available counseling services.
- Assess needs for assistance, such as rehabilitation, financial aid, or additional vocational training, and refer clients to the appropriate services.
||Marriage and Family Therapists
- Determine whether clients should be counseled or referred to other specialists in such fields as medicine, psychiatry, or legal aid.
- Provide public education and consultation to other professionals or groups regarding counseling services, issues, and methods.
||Health Education Specialists
- Develop and present health education and promotion programs, such as training workshops, conferences, and school or community presentations.
- Provide program information to the public by preparing and presenting press releases, conducting media campaigns, or maintaining program-related Web sites.
||Child, Family, and School Social Workers
- Refer clients to community resources for services, such as job placement, debt counseling, legal aid, housing, medical treatment, or financial assistance, and provide concrete information, such as where to go and how to apply.
||Community Health Workers
- Refer community members to needed health services.
See all 14 related occupations >>