Related Occupations for Task
23-1011.00 - Lawyers
Related occupations for task:
Prepare legal briefs and opinions, and file appeals in state and federal courts of appeal.
||Title Examiners, Abstractors, and Searchers
- Prepare reports describing any title encumbrances encountered during searching activities and outlining actions needed to clear titles.
- Copy or summarize recorded documents, such as mortgages, trust deeds, and contracts, that affect property titles.
- Verify accuracy and completeness of land-related documents accepted for registration, preparing rejection notices when documents are not acceptable.
- Prepare lists of all legal instruments applying to a specific piece of land and the buildings on it.
- Prepare real estate closing statements, using knowledge and expertise in real estate procedures.
- Prepare and issue title commitments and title insurance policies, based on information compiled from title searches.
||Judicial Law Clerks
- Prepare briefs, legal memoranda, or statements of issues involved in cases, including appropriate suggestions or recommendations.
- Draft or proofread judicial opinions, decisions, or citations.
- Prepare periodic reports on court proceedings, as required.
- Maintain judges' law libraries by assembling or updating appropriate documents.
||Court, Municipal, and License Clerks
- Prepare and issue orders of the court, such as probation orders, release documentation, sentencing information, or summonses.
- Prepare ordinances, resolutions, or proclamations so that they can be executed, recorded, archived, or distributed.
- Prepare documents recording the outcomes of court proceedings.
||Paralegals and Legal Assistants
- Prepare affidavits or other documents, such as legal correspondence, and organize and maintain documents in paper or electronic filing system.
- Prepare legal documents, including briefs, pleadings, appeals, wills, contracts, and real estate closing statements.
||Arbitrators, Mediators, and Conciliators
- Issue subpoenas or administer oaths to prepare for formal hearings.
- Prepare settlement agreements for disputants to sign.
See all 8 related occupations >>