Related Occupations for Task
29-2051.00 - Dietetic Technicians
Related occupations for task:
Plan menus or diets or guide individuals or families in food selection, preparation, or menu planning, based upon nutritional needs and established guidelines.
||Dietitians and Nutritionists
- Counsel individuals and groups on basic rules of good nutrition, healthy eating habits, and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life.
- Advise patients and their families on nutritional principles, dietary plans, diet modifications, and food selection and preparation.
- Inspect meals served for conformance to prescribed diets and standards of palatability and appearance.
- Organize, develop, analyze, test, and prepare special meals, such as low-fat, low-cholesterol, or chemical-free meals.
- Coordinate recipe development and standardization and develop new menus for independent food service operations.
- Counsel women regarding the nutritional requirements of pregnancy.
- Provide, or refer patients to other providers for, education or counseling on topics such as genetic testing, newborn care, contraception, or breastfeeding.
- Recommend the use of vitamin and mineral supplements to enhance the health of patients and children.
- Advise patients and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, or disease prevention.
- Answer questions that patients have about their health and well-being.
- Advise patients, parents or guardians, and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Recommend interventions to modify behavior associated with health risks.
See more related occupations >>