Related occupations for task:
Prepare and administer medications, vaccines, serums, or treatments, as prescribed by veterinarians.
- Prepack bulk medicines, fill bottles with prescribed medications, and type and affix labels.
- Mix pharmaceutical preparations, according to written prescriptions.
- Transfer medication from vials to the appropriate number of sterile, disposable syringes, using aseptic techniques.
- Restock intravenous (IV) supplies and add measured drugs or nutrients to IV solutions under sterile conditions to prepare IV packs for various uses, such as chemotherapy medication.
- Select, prepare, or use equipment, monitors, supplies, or drugs for the administration of anesthetics.
- Prepare prescribed solutions and administer local, intravenous, spinal, or other anesthetics, following specified methods and procedures.
- Administer medications to patients and monitor patients for reactions or side effects.
- Provide health care, first aid, immunizations, or assistance in convalescence or rehabilitation in locations such as schools, hospitals, or industry.
- Administer drugs, orally or by injection, or perform intravenous procedures.
- Perform emergency pharmacological interventions.
- Compound and dispense medications as prescribed by doctors and dentists, by calculating, weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients, or oversee these activities.
- Prepare sterile solutions or infusions for use in surgical procedures, emergency rooms, or patients' homes.
See more related occupations >>