Related occupations for task:
Locate and contact potential clients to offer advertising services.
- Arrange for demonstrations or trial installations of equipment.
- Visit prospective buyers at commercial, industrial, or other establishments to show samples or catalogs, and to inform them about product pricing, availability, and advantages.
- Research and identify potential customers for products or services.
- Identify resale opportunities and support them to achieve sales plans.
||Demonstrators and Product Promoters
- Identify interested and qualified customers to provide them with additional information.
- Contact businesses or civic establishments to arrange to exhibit and sell merchandise.
- Develop lists of prospective clients from sources such as newspaper items, company records, local merchants, or customers.
||Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products
- Visit establishments to evaluate needs or to promote product or service sales.
- Contact new or existing customers to discuss how specific products or services can meet their needs.
- Identify prospective customers using business directories, leads from existing clients, participation in organizations, or trade show or conference attendance.
- Contact businesses or private individuals by telephone to solicit sales for goods or services, or to request donations for charitable causes.
- Obtain names and telephone numbers of potential customers from sources such as telephone directories, magazine reply cards, and lists purchased from other organizations.
- Telephone or write letters to respond to correspondence from customers or to follow up initial sales contacts.
||Door-To-Door Sales Workers, News and Street Vendors, and Related Workers
- Develop prospect lists.
- Arrange buying parties and solicit sponsorship of such parties to sell merchandise.
See all 13 related occupations >>