||Word Processors and Typists
- Address envelopes or prepare envelope labels, using typewriter or computer.
- Type correspondence, reports, text and other written material from rough drafts, corrected copies, voice recordings, dictation, or previous versions, using a computer, word processor, or typewriter.
- Gather, register, and arrange the material to be typed, following instructions.
- Electronically sort and compile text and numerical data, retrieving, updating, and merging documents as required.
- Collate pages of reports and other documents.
- Use data entry devices, such as optical scanners, to input data into computers for revision or editing.
- Work with technical material, preparing statistical reports, planning and typing statistical tables, and combining and rearranging material from different sources.
- Enter data into computers for use in analyses or reports.
- Compile reports, charts, or graphs that describe and interpret findings of analyses.
- File data and related information, and maintain and update databases.
- Organize paperwork, such as survey forms or reports, for distribution or analysis.
- Compile statistics from source materials, such as production or sales records, quality-control or test records, time sheets, or survey sheets.
||Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks
- Compute wages and deductions, and enter data into computers.
- Compile employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
- Process paperwork for new employees and enter employee information into the payroll system.
- Post relevant work hours to client files to bill clients properly.
- Compile statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts, and submit them to appropriate departments.
- Gather records pertinent to specific problems, review them for completeness and accuracy, and attach records to correspondence as necessary.
- Compile data from records to prepare periodic reports.
- Compile data pertinent to manufacture of special products for customers.
- Review correspondence for format and typographical accuracy, assemble the information into a prescribed form with the correct number of copies, and submit it to an authorized official for signature.
||Insurance Claims and Policy Processing Clerks
- Post or attach information to claim file.
- Organize or work with detailed office or warehouse records, using computers to enter, access, search or retrieve data.
- Transcribe data to worksheets, and enter data into computer for use in preparing documents and adjusting accounts.
- Enter insurance- and claims-related information into database systems.