- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, or roofs to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools.
- Assemble, install, test, or maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools.
||Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
- Inspect electrical connections, wiring, relays, charging resistance boxes, and storage batteries, following wiring diagrams.
- Inspect batteries for structural defects such as dented cans, damaged carbon rods and terminals, and defective seals.
||Elevator and Escalator Installers and Repairers
- Inspect wiring connections, control panel hookups, door installations, and alignments and clearances of cars and hoistways to ensure that equipment will operate properly.
- Disassemble defective units, and repair or replace parts such as locks, gears, cables, and electric wiring.
||Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers
- Identify defective sectionalizing devices, circuit breakers, fuses, voltage regulators, transformers, switches, relays, or wiring, using wiring diagrams and electrical-testing instruments.
- Inspect and test power lines and auxiliary equipment to locate and identify problems, using reading and testing instruments.
||Solar Photovoltaic Installers
- Check electrical installation for proper wiring, polarity, grounding, or integrity of terminations.
- Visually inspect and test photovoltaic (PV) modules or systems.