Related Occupations for Task
39-2021.00 - Animal Caretakers
Related occupations for task:
Transfer animals between enclosures to facilitate breeding, birthing, shipping, or rearrangement of exhibits.
||Farmworkers, Farm, Ranch, and Aquacultural Animals
- Feed and water livestock and monitor food and water supplies.
- Herd livestock to pastures for grazing or to scales, trucks, or other enclosures.
- Shift animals between grazing areas to ensure that they have sufficient access to food.
- Protect herds from predators, using trained dogs.
- Groom, clip, trim, or castrate animals, dock ears and tails, or shear coats to collect hair.
- Spray livestock with disinfectants and insecticides, or dip or bathe animals.
- Milk animals such as cows and goats, by hand or using milking machines.
- Feed and water animals, and clean and disinfect pens, cages, yards, and hutches.
- Bathe and groom animals.
- Clip or shear hair on animals.
- Feed or exercise animals or provide other general care, such as cleaning or maintaining holding or performance areas.
||Veterinary Technologists and Technicians
- Conduct specialized procedures, such as animal branding or tattooing or hoof trimming.