Related Occupations for Task
19-3041.00 - Sociologists
Related occupations for task:
Plan and conduct research to develop and test theories about societal issues such as crime, group relations, poverty, and aging.
- Support, plan, and coordinate operations for single or multiple surveys.
- Determine and specify details of survey projects, including sources of information, procedures to be used, and the design of survey instruments and materials.
- Analyze data from surveys, old records, or case studies, using statistical software.
- Direct updates and changes in survey implementation and methods.
- Plan and direct research to characterize and compare the economic, demographic, health care, social, political, linguistic, and religious institutions of distinct cultural groups, communities, and organizations.
- Identify culturally specific beliefs and practices affecting health status and access to services for distinct populations and communities, in collaboration with medical and public health officials.
- Apply systematic sampling techniques to ensure the accuracy, completeness, precision, and representativeness of individuals selected for sample surveys.
||Social Science Research Assistants
- Perform descriptive and multivariate statistical analyses of data, using computer software.
- Develop and implement research quality control procedures.
- Examine societal issues and their relationship with both technical systems and the environment.
- Interpret and analyze policies, public issues, legislation, or the operations of governments, businesses, and organizations.
See all 7 related occupations >>