Related occupations for task:
Collaborate with or assist doctors, psychologists, or rehabilitation therapists in working with mentally ill, emotionally disturbed, or developmentally disabled patients to treat, rehabilitate, and return patients to the community.
||Veterinary Technologists and Technicians
- Provide veterinarians with the correct equipment or instruments, as needed.
- Take animals into treatment areas and assist with physical examinations by performing such duties as obtaining temperature, pulse, or respiration data.
- Provide assistance with animal euthanasia and the disposal of remains.
- Coordinate administration of anesthetics with surgeons during operation.
- Confer with other medical professionals to determine type and method of anesthetic or sedation to render patient insensible to pain.
- Manage anesthesiological services, coordinating them with other medical activities and formulating plans and procedures.
||Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses
- Work as part of a healthcare team to assess patient needs, plan and modify care, and implement interventions.
- Evaluate nursing intervention outcomes, conferring with other healthcare team members as necessary.
- Assist in delivery, care, or feeding of infants.
- Assist anesthesiologists in monitoring of patients, including electrocardiogram (EKG), direct arterial pressure, central venous pressure, arterial blood gas, hematocrit, or routine measurement of temperature, respiration, blood pressure or heart rate.
- Assist anesthesiologists in performing anesthetic procedures, such as epidural or spinal injections.
- Assist in the application of monitoring techniques, such as pulmonary artery catheterization, electroencephalographic spectral analysis, echocardiography, or evoked potentials.
- Participate in and write reports for meetings regarding patients' progress, such as individualized educational planning (IEP) meetings, in-service meetings, or intervention assistance team meetings.
- Supervise or collaborate with therapy team.
- Consult with and refer clients to additional medical or educational services.
See more related occupations >>