Related Occupations for Task
25-4011.00 - Archivists
Related occupations for task:
Preserve records, documents, and objects, copying records to film, videotape, audiotape, disk, or computer formats as necessary.
||Museum Technicians and Conservators
- Install, arrange, assemble, and prepare artifacts for exhibition, ensuring the artifacts' safety, reporting their status and condition, and identifying and correcting any problems with the set up.
- Repair, restore, and reassemble artifacts, designing and fabricating missing or broken parts, to restore them to their original appearance and prevent deterioration.
- Clean objects, such as paper, textiles, wood, metal, glass, rock, pottery, and furniture, using cleansers, solvents, soap solutions, and polishes.
- Prepare artifacts for storage and shipping.
- Preserve or direct preservation of objects, using plaster, resin, sealants, hardeners, and shellac.
||Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators
- Frame and mat artwork for display or sale.
- Archive diagnostic material, such as histologic slides and blocks.
- Conserve and preserve manuscripts, records, and other artifacts.