Related Occupations for Task
27-2012.03 - Program Directors
Related occupations for task:
Plan and schedule programming and event coverage, based on broadcast length, time availability, and other factors, such as community needs, ratings data, and viewer demographics.
||Broadcast News Analysts
- Examine news items of local, national, and international significance to determine topics to address, or obtain assignments from editorial staff members.
- Select material most pertinent to presentation, and organize this material into appropriate formats.
- Develop story or content ideas, considering reader or audience appeal.
- Select local, state, national, and international news items received from wire services, based on assessment of items' significance and interest value.
||Film and Video Editors
- Determine the specific audio and visual effects and music necessary to complete films.
- Select and combine the most effective shots of each scene to form a logical and smoothly running story.
- Select plays, scripts, books, or ideas to be produced.
- Determine and direct the content of radio programming.
||Radio and Television Announcers
- Select program content, in conjunction with producers and assistants, based on factors such as program specialties, audience tastes, or requests from the public.
- Develop story lines for broadcasts.
See all 11 related occupations >>