Related occupations for task:
Operate and resupply printers and computers, changing print wheels or fluid cartridges, adding paper, and loading blank tapes, cards, or disks into equipment.
||Office Machine Operators, Except Computer
- Place original copies in feed trays, feed originals into feed rolls, or position originals on tables beneath camera lenses.
- Operate office machines such as high speed business photocopiers, readers, scanners, addressing machines, stencil-cutting machines, microfilm readers or printers, folding and inserting machines, bursters, and binder machines.
- Load machines with materials such as blank paper or film.
- Clean machines, perform minor repairs, and report major repair needs.
- Operate auxiliary machines such as collators, pad and tablet making machines, staplers, and paper punching, folding, cutting, and perforating machines.
- Clean and file master copies or plates.
||Mail Clerks and Mail Machine Operators, Except Postal Service
- Operate embossing machines or typewriters to make corrections, additions, and changes to address plates.
- Clear jams in sortation equipment.
- Insert material for printing or addressing into loading racks on machines, select type or die sizes, and position plates, stencils, or tapes in machine magazines.
- Add ink, fill paste reservoirs, and change machine ribbons when necessary.
- Fix minor problems, such as equipment jams, and notify repair personnel of major equipment problems.
- Load machines with statements, cancelled checks, or envelopes to prepare statements for distribution to customers or stuff envelopes by hand.
- Perform general office activities, such as typing, answering telephones, operating office machines, processing mail, or securing confidential materials.
- Operate mechanized files that rotate to bring needed records to a particular location.
||Office Clerks, General
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
- Troubleshoot problems involving office equipment, such as computer hardware and software.
See all 17 related occupations >>