Related occupations for task:
Load and unload mail trucks, sometimes lifting containers of mail onto equipment that transports items to sorting stations.
||Couriers and Messengers
- Load vehicles with listed goods, ensuring goods are loaded correctly and taking precautions with hazardous goods.
- Unload and sort items collected along delivery routes.
- Unload goods from large trucks, and load them onto smaller delivery vehicles.
||Cargo and Freight Agents
- Direct delivery trucks to shipping doors or designated marshaling areas and help load and unload goods safely.
- Direct or participate in cargo loading to ensure completeness of load and even distribution of weight.
- Open cargo containers and unwrap contents, using steel cutters, crowbars, or other hand tools.
||Mail Clerks and Mail Machine Operators, Except Postal Service
- Remove containers of sorted mail or parcels and transfer them to designated areas according to established procedures.
- Remove from machines printed materials, such as labeled articles, postmarked envelopes or tape, and folded sheets.
- Lift and unload containers of mail or parcels onto equipment for transportation to sortation stations.
||Stockers and Order Fillers
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards.
- Receive, unload, open, unpack, or issue sales floor merchandise.
- Load machines onto trucks to prepare for transportation.
See all 9 related occupations >>