Related Occupations for Task
47-3012.00 - Helpers--Carpenters
Related occupations for task:
Cut tile or linoleum to fit and spread adhesives on flooring for installation.
||Tile and Stone Setters
- Apply mortar to tile back, position the tile, and press or tap with trowel handle to affix tile to base.
- Prepare surfaces for tiling by attaching lath or waterproof paper, or by applying a cement mortar coat to a metal screen.
- Spread mastic or other adhesive base on roof deck to form base for promenade tile, using serrated spreader.
- Cut tile backing to required size, using shears.
- Brush glue onto manila paper on which design has been drawn and position tiles, finished side down, onto paper.
- Apply adhesives to the backs of paper strips, using brushes, or dunk strips of prepasted wallcovering in water, wiping off any excess adhesive.
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
- Apply thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brushes, rollers, or pasting machines.
- Mix paste, using paste powder and water, and brush paste onto surfaces.
- Roll out, measure, mark, and cut carpeting to size with a carpet knife, following floor sketches and allowing extra carpet for final fitting.
- Cut and trim carpet to fit along wall edges, openings, and projections, finishing the edges with a wall trimmer.
- Cut carpet padding to size and install padding, following prescribed method.
- Cut and bind material.
||Floor Layers, Except Carpet, Wood, and Hard Tiles
- Cut flooring material to fit around obstructions.
- Cut covering and foundation materials, according to blueprints and sketches.
- Apply adhesive cement to floor or wall material to join and adhere foundation material.
- Assemble and cement sections of stained glass together.
- Measure, cut, fit, and press anti-glare adhesive film to glass or spray glass with tinting solution to prevent light glare.
See all 14 related occupations >>