Related occupations for task:
Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports.
||Proofreaders and Copy Markers
- Mark copy to indicate and correct errors in type, arrangement, grammar, punctuation, or spelling, using standard printers' marks.
- Read corrected copies or proofs to ensure that all corrections have been made.
- Correct or record omissions, errors, or inconsistencies found.
- Typeset and measure dimensions, spacing, and positioning of page elements, such as copy and illustrations, to verify conformance to specifications, using printer's ruler or layout software.
- Read proof sheets aloud, calling out punctuation marks and spelling unusual words and proper names.
- Check source data to verify completeness and accuracy.
- Check survey responses for errors, such as the use of pens instead of pencils, and set aside response forms that cannot be used.
- Gather records pertinent to specific problems, review them for completeness and accuracy, and attach records to correspondence as necessary.
- Review correspondence for format and typographical accuracy, assemble the information into a prescribed form with the correct number of copies, and submit it to an authorized official for signature.
||Court, Municipal, and License Clerks
- Perform general office duties, such as taking or transcribing dictation, typing or proofreading correspondence, distributing or filing official forms, or scheduling appointments.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
See all 20 related occupations >>