Related occupations for task:
Type, format, proofread, and edit correspondence and other documents, from notes or dictating machines, using computers or typewriters.
||Proofreaders and Copy Markers
- Mark copy to indicate and correct errors in type, arrangement, grammar, punctuation, or spelling, using standard printers' marks.
- Read corrected copies or proofs to ensure that all corrections have been made.
- Correct or record omissions, errors, or inconsistencies found.
- Typeset and measure dimensions, spacing, and positioning of page elements, such as copy and illustrations, to verify conformance to specifications, using printer's ruler or layout software.
- Read proof sheets aloud, calling out punctuation marks and spelling unusual words and proper names.
- Perform clerical duties such as typing, proofreading, and sorting mail.
- Check preliminary and final proofs for errors and make necessary corrections.
- Perform general office duties, such as taking or transcribing dictation, typing or proofreading correspondence, distributing or filing official forms, or scheduling appointments.
||Switchboard Operators, Including Answering Service
- Perform various data entry or word processing tasks, such as updating phone directories, typing or proofreading documents, or creating schedules.
See all 9 related occupations >>