||Cement Masons and Concrete Finishers
- Apply hardening and sealing compounds to cure surface of concrete, and waterproof or restore surface.
- Waterproof or restore concrete surfaces, using appropriate compounds.
- Clean chipped area, using wire brush, and feel and observe surface to determine if it is rough or uneven.
- Apply muriatic acid to clean surface, and rinse with water.
- Spray materials, such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint, or stucco, through hoses to clean, coat, or seal surfaces.
- Mop, brush, or spread paints, cleaning solutions, or other compounds over surfaces to clean them or to provide protection.
- Apply caulking compounds by hand or caulking guns to protect against entry of water or air.
||Painters, Construction and Maintenance
- Wash and treat surfaces with oil, turpentine, mildew remover, or other preparations, and sand rough spots to ensure that finishes will adhere properly.
- Remove old finishes by stripping, sanding, wire brushing, burning, or using water or abrasive blasting.
- Waterproof buildings, using waterproofers or caulking.
- Waterproof or damp-proof walls, floors, roofs, foundations, or basements by painting or spraying surfaces with waterproof coatings or by attaching waterproofing membranes to surfaces.
- Cover exposed nailheads with roofing cement or caulking to prevent water leakage or rust.
- Spray roofs, sidings, or walls to bind, seal, insulate, or soundproof sections of structures, using spray guns, air compressors, or heaters.
||Helpers--Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, and Tile and Marble Setters
- Clean installation surfaces, equipment, tools, work sites, or storage areas, using water, chemical solutions, oxygen lances, or polishing machines.
- Apply caulk, sealants, or other agents to installed surfaces.
- Remove damaged tile, brick, or mortar, and clean or prepare surfaces, using pliers, hammers, chisels, drills, wire brushes, or metal wire anchors.