- Cement or nail flashing strips of metal or shingle over joints to make them watertight.
- Install partially overlapping layers of material over roof insulation surfaces, using chalk lines, gauges on shingling hatchets, or lines on shingles.
- Apply plastic coatings, membranes, fiberglass, or felt over sloped roofs before applying shingles.
- Install, repair, or replace single-ply roofing systems, using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric, or other asphaltic compositions.
- Attach roofing paper to roofs in overlapping strips to form bases for other materials.
- Cover roofs or exterior walls of structures with slate, asphalt, aluminum, wood, gravel, gypsum, or related materials, using brushes, knives, punches, hammers, or other tools.
- Apply reflective roof coatings, such as special paints or single-ply roofing sheets, to existing roofs to reduce solar heat absorption.
- Apply alternate layers of hot asphalt or tar and roofing paper to roofs.
- Apply gravel or pebbles over top layers of roofs, using rakes or stiff-bristled brooms.
- Cover roofs with layers of roofing felt or asphalt strips before installing tile, slate, or composition materials.
- Place tiles, nail them to roof boards, and cover nailheads with roofing cement.
- Attach roofing paper and composition shingles, using nails.
- Perform emergency leak repairs and general maintenance for a variety of roof types.
- Attach sheets of metal to roof boards or building frameworks when installing metal roofs.
- Apply shingles, gravel, or asphalt over the top layer of tar to protect the roofing material.
||Tile and Marble Setters
- Mix, apply, and spread plaster, concrete, mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives to form a bed for the tiles, using brush, trowel and screed.
- Level concrete and allow to dry.
||Cement Masons and Concrete Finishers
- Spread, level, and smooth concrete, using rake, shovel, hand or power trowel, hand or power screed, and float.
- Spread roofing paper on surface of foundation, and spread concrete onto roofing paper with trowel to form terrazzo base.
||Sheet Metal Workers
- Secure metal roof panels in place by interlocking and fastening grooved panel edges.
- Fasten roof panel edges or machine-made moldings to structures by nailing or welding.