Summary Report for:
11-2011.01 - Green Marketers
Create and implement methods to market green products and services.
This title represents an occupation for which data collection is currently underway.
- Analyze green product marketing or sales trends to forecast future conditions.
- Analyze the effectiveness of marketing tactics or channels.
- Attend or participate in conferences, community events, and promotional events related to green products or technologies.
- Conduct research on consumer opinions and buying habits, and identify target audiences for green products, services, or technologies.
- Develop branding or sales initiatives for green products, such as solar energy systems, green cleaning products, or products using renewable or recycled materials.
- Develop communications materials, advertisements, presentations, or public relations initiatives to promote awareness of green products and technologies.
- Develop comprehensive marketing strategies, using knowledge of green products and technologies, markets, and regulations.
- Identify marketing channels for green products or services.
- Revise existing marketing plans or campaigns for green products, technologies, or services.
- Write marketing content for green product web sites, brochures, or other communication media.
- Analyze regional energy markets, including energy pricing, market structures, energy generation competition, and energy transmission constraints.
- Coordinate with other marketing team members and workers such as graphic artists to develop and implement marketing programs.
- Devise or evaluate methods and procedures for collecting data, such as surveys, opinion polls, and questionnaires.
- Generate or identify sales leads for green products and technologies.
- Maintain portfolios of marketing campaigns, strategies, and other marketing products or ideas.
- Monitor green-related industry statistics or literature to identify trends.
- Analytical or scientific software — Google Analytics ; WebTrends Analytics
- Calendar and scheduling software — Scheduling software
- Customer relationship management CRM software — Oracle Eloqua; Salesforce software
- Data base management system software — Microsoft SQL Server
- Data base user interface and query software — Microsoft Access ; Structure query language SQL
- Desktop publishing software — Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign ; Microsoft Publisher
- Development environment software — Adobe Systems Adobe Creative Suite; Software development tools
- Document management software — Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat ; Adobe Systems Adobe Reader
- Electronic mail software — Email software; MailChimp; Microsoft Outlook
- Enterprise application integration software — Extensible markup language XML ; Hootsuite
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software — SAP
- Graphics or photo imaging software — Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator ; Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Information retrieval or search software — Pinterest
- Instant messaging software — Twitter
- Internet browser software — Web browser software
- Inventory management software — Inventory tracking software
- Object or component oriented development software — Computer aided software engineering CASE tools
- Office suite software — Microsoft Office
- Presentation software — Microsoft PowerPoint
- Project management software — Microsoft Project ; Microsoft SharePoint
- Sales and marketing software — Google AdWords ; HubSpot software; Marketo Marketing Automation ; Webtrends software
- Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel
- Video creation and editing software — Vimeo; YouTube
- Web page creation and editing software — Adobe Systems Adobe Dreamweaver; Adobe Systems Adobe Experience Manager (AEM); Facebook ; Social media software (see all 6 examples)
- Word processing software — Microsoft Word
Hot Technology — a technology requirement frequently included in employer job postings.
- Desktop computers
- Laser fax machine — Laser facsimile machines
- Notebook computers — Laptop computers
- Personal computers
- Photocopiers — Photocopying equipment
- Portable data input terminals — Handheld computers
- Scanners — Computer data input scanners
- Special purpose telephones — Multi-line telephone systems
Detailed Work Activities
- Develop marketing plans or strategies for environmental initiatives.
- Analyze market research data.
- Maintain knowledge of current developments in area of expertise.
- Present sustainable products or services information to the public.
- Analyze forecasting data to improve business decisions.
- Confer with organizational members to accomplish work activities.
- Develop procedures to evaluate organizational activities.
- Evaluate energy production data.
- Evaluate program effectiveness.
- Identify opportunities for green initiatives.
- Maintain operational records for green energy processes or other environmentally-sustainable activities.
Interest code: EAI Want to discover your interests? Take the O*NET Interest Profiler at My Next Move.
- Enterprising — Enterprising occupations frequently involve starting up and carrying out projects. These occupations can involve leading people and making many decisions. Sometimes they require risk taking and often deal with business.
- Artistic — Artistic occupations frequently involve working with forms, designs and patterns. They often require self-expression and the work can be done without following a clear set of rules.
- Investigative — Investigative occupations frequently involve working with ideas, and require an extensive amount of thinking. These occupations can involve searching for facts and figuring out problems mentally.
- Independence — Occupations that satisfy this work value allow employees to work on their own and make decisions. Corresponding needs are Creativity, Responsibility and Autonomy.
- Achievement — Occupations that satisfy this work value are results oriented and allow employees to use their strongest abilities, giving them a feeling of accomplishment. Corresponding needs are Ability Utilization and Achievement.
- Recognition — Occupations that satisfy this work value offer advancement, potential for leadership, and are often considered prestigious. Corresponding needs are Advancement, Authority, Recognition and Social Status.
Wages & Employment Trends
Median wages data collected from Advertising and Promotions Managers.
Employment data collected from Advertising and Promotions Managers.
Industry data collected from Advertising and Promotions Managers.
|Median wages (2018)||$56.31 hourly, $117,130 annual|
|Employment (2018)||28,000 employees|
|Projected growth (2018-2028)||Slower than average (2% to 3%)|
|Projected job openings (2018-2028)||2,700|
|Top industries (2018)|
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics 2018 wage data and 2018-2028 employment projections . "Projected growth" represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2018-2028). "Projected job openings" represent openings due to growth and replacement.
Job Openings on the Web
Sources of Additional Information
Disclaimer: Sources are listed to provide additional information on related jobs, specialties, and/or industries. Links to non-DOL Internet sites are provided for your convenience and do not constitute an endorsement.