Summary Report for:
29-1069.00 - Physicians and Surgeons, All Other
All physicians and surgeons not listed separately.
"All Other" titles represent occupations with a wide range of characteristics which do not fit into one of the detailed O*NET-SOC occupations. O*NET data is not available for this type of title. For more detailed occupations under this title, see below.
Wages & Employment Trends
Median wage data for Physicians, All Other; and Ophthalmologists, Except Pediatric.
|Median wages (2019)||$99.28 hourly, $206,500 annual|
|Employment (2018)||433,700 employees|
|Projected growth (2018-2028)||Faster than average (7% to 10%)|
|Projected job openings (2018-2028)||16,500|
|Top industries (2018)|
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics 2019 wage data and 2018-2028 employment projections . "Projected growth" represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2018-2028). "Projected job openings" represent openings due to growth and replacement.
Job Openings on the Web
Sources of Additional Information
Disclaimer: Sources are listed to provide additional information on related jobs, specialties, and/or industries. Links to non-DOL Internet sites are provided for your convenience and do not constitute an endorsement.
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine
- American Board of Anesthesiology
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Association of American Medical Colleges
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: Physicians and surgeons
- Society of General Internal Medicine