- Build, configure, or test robots or robotic applications.
- Design robotic systems, such as automatic vehicle control, autonomous vehicles, advanced displays, advanced sensing, robotic platforms, computer vision, or telematics systems.
- Integrate robotics with peripherals, such as welders, controllers, or other equipment.
- Alter or modify designs to obtain specified functional or operational performance.
- Design or analyze automobile systems in areas such as aerodynamics, alternate fuels, ergonomics, hybrid power, brakes, transmissions, steering, calibration, safety, or diagnostics.
||Electro-Mechanical and Mechatronics Technologists and Technicians
- Develop, test, or program new robots.
- Modify, maintain, or repair electrical, electronic, or mechanical components, equipment, or systems to ensure proper functioning.
- Identify, procure, or develop test equipment, instrumentation, or facilities for characterization of microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) applications.
- Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Formulate conceptual design of aeronautical or aerospace products or systems to meet customer requirements or conform to environmental regulations.
- Assist engineers in the design, configuration, or application of robotic systems.
||Marine Engineers and Naval Architects
- Establish arrangement of boiler room equipment and propulsion machinery, heating and ventilating systems, refrigeration equipment, piping, and other functional equipment.