||Biofuels/Biodiesel Technology and Product Development Managers
- Conduct experiments on biomass or pretreatment technologies.
- Conduct experiments to test new or alternate feedstock fermentation processes.
- Perform protein functional analysis and engineering for processing of feedstock and creation of biofuels.
- Conduct research to breed or develop energy crops with improved biomass yield, environmental adaptability, pest resistance, production efficiency, bioprocessing characteristics, or reduced environmental impacts.
||Water Resource Specialists
- Perform hydrologic, hydraulic, or water quality modeling.
- Conduct, or oversee the conduct of, investigations on matters such as water storage, wastewater discharge, pollutants, permits, or other compliance and regulatory issues.
- Conduct technical studies for water resources on topics such as pollutants and water treatment options.
||Solar Energy Systems Engineers
- Test or evaluate photovoltaic (PV) cells or modules.
||Automotive Engineering Technicians
- Test performance of vehicles that use alternative fuels, such as alcohol blends, natural gas, liquefied petroleum gas, biodiesel, nano diesel, or alternative power methods, such as solar energy or hydrogen fuel cells.
||Biomass Power Plant Managers
- Test, maintain, or repair electrical power distribution machinery or equipment, using hand tools, power tools, and testing devices.
||Fuel Cell Engineers
- Conduct fuel cell testing projects, using fuel cell test stations, analytical instruments, or electrochemical diagnostics, such as cyclic voltammetry or impedance spectroscopy.
||Electro-Mechanical and Mechatronics Technologists and Technicians
- Test and analyze thermodynamic systems for renewable energy applications, such as solar or wind, to maximize energy production.
||Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Participate in the development or testing of electrical aspects of new green technologies, such as lighting, optical data storage devices, and energy efficient televisions.