- Provide information, knowledge, expertise, or training to government agencies at all levels to solve water or soil management problems or to assure coordination of resource protection activities.
- Review proposed wetland restoration easements or provide technical recommendations.
- Answer technical questions from hydrologists, policymakers, or other customers developing water conservation plans.
- Investigate complaints or conflicts related to the alteration of public waters by gathering information, recommending alternatives, or preparing legal documents.
||Forest and Conservation Technicians
- Provide forestry education and general information, advice, and recommendations to woodlot owners, community organizations, and the general public.
- Provide technical support to forestry research programs in areas such as tree improvement, seed orchard operations, insect and disease surveys, or experimental forestry and forest engineering research.
- Develop programs or policy recommendations to promote sustainability and sustainable development.
- Identify and recommend environmentally friendly business practices.
||Environmental Scientists and Specialists, Including Health
- Provide scientific or technical guidance, support, coordination, or oversight to governmental agencies, environmental programs, industry, or the public.
- Monitor effects of pollution or land degradation and recommend means of prevention or control.
||Soil and Plant Scientists
- Study insect distribution or habitat and recommend methods to prevent importation or spread of injurious species.
||Zoologists and Wildlife Biologists
- Make recommendations on management systems and planning for wildlife populations and habitat, consulting with stakeholders and the public at large to explore options.
- Provide advice and recommendations, as a consultant on forestry issues, to private woodlot owners, firefighters, government agencies or to companies.
||Anthropologists and Archeologists
- Assess archeological sites for resource management, development, or conservation purposes and recommend methods for site protection.
||Geoscientists, Except Hydrologists and Geographers
- Advise construction firms or government agencies on dam or road construction, foundation design, land use, or resource management.
- Recommend methods to protect the environment or minimize environmental damage from industrial production practices.