- Adjust apertures, shutter speeds, and camera focus according to a combination of factors, such as lighting, field depth, subject motion, film type, and film speed.
- Create artificial light, using flashes and reflectors.
- Test equipment prior to use to ensure that it is in good working order.
- Set up, mount, or install photographic equipment and cameras.
- Select and assemble equipment and required background properties, according to subjects, materials, and conditions.
- Load and unload film.
- Employ a variety of specialized photographic materials and techniques, including infrared and ultraviolet films, macro photography, photogrammetry and sensitometry.
- Mount, frame, laminate, or lacquer finished photographs.
||Camera Operators, Television, Video, and Motion Picture
- Adjust positions and controls of cameras, printers, and related equipment to change focus, exposure, and lighting.
- Assemble studio sets and select and arrange cameras, film stock, audio, or lighting equipment to be used during filming.
- Set up cameras, optical printers, and related equipment to produce photographs and special effects.
- Reload camera magazines with fresh raw film stock.
||Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators
- Create sculptures, statues, and other three-dimensional artwork by using abrasives and tools to shape, carve, and fabricate materials such as clay, stone, wood, or metal.
- Cut, bend, laminate, arrange, and fasten individual or mixed raw and manufactured materials and products to form works of art.
- Create finished art work as decoration, or to elucidate or substitute for spoken or written messages.
- Create functional or decorative objects by hand, using a variety of methods and materials.
- Cut, shape, fit, join, mold, or otherwise process materials, using hand tools, power tools, or machinery.
- Prepare work for sale or exhibition, and maintain relationships with retail, pottery, art, and resource networks that can facilitate sale or exhibition of work.
- Attach handles to pottery pieces.
- Trim material and arrange bouquets, wreaths, terrariums, and other items using trimmers, shapers, wire, pins, floral tape, foam, and other materials.
||Multimedia Artists and Animators
- Create and install special effects as required by the script, mixing chemicals and fabricating needed parts from wood, metal, plaster, and clay.
- Construct puppets and ventriloquist dummies, and sew accessory clothing, using hand tools and machines.
||Merchandise Displayers and Window Trimmers
- Cut out designs on cardboard, hardboard, or plywood, according to motif of event.
||Set and Exhibit Designers
- Design and produce displays and materials that can be used to decorate windows, interior displays, or event locations, such as streets and fairgrounds.