- Design music therapy experiences, using various musical elements to meet client's goals or objectives.
- Plan or structure music therapy sessions to achieve appropriate transitions, pacing, sequencing, energy level, or intensity in accordance with treatment plans.
- Improvise instrumentally, vocally, or physically to meet client's therapeutic needs.
- Integrate behavioral, developmental, improvisational, medical, or neurological approaches into music therapy treatments.
- Compose, arrange, or adapt music for music therapy treatments.
- Apply current technology to music therapy practices.
- Develop or implement treatment plans for problems such as stuttering, delayed language, swallowing disorders, or inappropriate pitch or harsh voice problems, based on own assessments and recommendations of physicians, psychologists, or social workers.
- Develop individual or group activities or programs in schools to deal with behavior, speech, language, or swallowing problems.
- Develop speech exercise programs to reduce disabilities.
- Plan, organize, direct, and participate in treatment programs and activities to facilitate patients' rehabilitation, help them integrate into the community, and prevent further medical problems.
- Develop treatment plan to meet needs of patient, based on needs assessment, patient interests, and objectives of therapy.
- Select activities that will help individuals learn work and life-management skills within limits of their mental or physical capabilities.
- Plan and implement programs and social activities to help patients learn work or school skills and adjust to handicaps.
||Preventive Medicine Physicians
- Develop or implement interventions to address behavioral causes of diseases.
||Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physicians
- Develop comprehensive plans for immediate and long-term rehabilitation including therapeutic exercise; speech and occupational therapy; counseling; cognitive retraining; patient, family or caregiver education; or community reintegration.
- Develop individual treatment plans and strategies.
||Low Vision Therapists, Orientation and Mobility Specialists, and Vision Rehabilitation Therapists
- Develop rehabilitation or instructional plans collaboratively with clients, based on results of assessments, needs, and goals.