Related Task Search
10 occupations have tasks related to the 1 task from your current occupation, Opticians, Dispensing.
- Verify that finished lenses are ground to specifications.
||Orthotists and Prosthetists
- Select materials and components to be used, based on device design.
- Construct and fabricate appliances, or supervise others constructing the appliances.
- Make and modify plaster casts of areas to be fitted with prostheses or orthoses to guide the device construction process.
- Repair, rebuild, and modify prosthetic and orthopedic appliances.
- Fabricate beam modifying devices, such as compensators, shields, and wedge filters.
- Fabricate patient immobilization devices, such as molds or casts, for radiation delivery.
- Design and fabricate appliances, such as space maintainers, retainers, and labial and lingual arch wires.
||Hearing Aid Specialists
- Create or modify impressions for earmolds and hearing aid shells.
- Make and fit prosthetic appliances.
- Design and create, or requisition, special supplies and equipment, such as splints, braces, and computer-aided adaptive equipment.
- Make impressions for study casts.
- Design, make, or fit prosthodontic appliances, such as space maintainers, bridges, or dentures, or write fabrication instructions or prescriptions for denturists or dental technicians.
- Prepare or construct equipment, such as immobilization, treatment, or protection devices.
- Construct, maintain, or repair medical supportive devices.