||Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products
- Maintain and review computerized or manual records of purchased items, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories.
- Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time, and resolve problems related to undelivered goods.
- Study sales records and inventory levels of current stock to develop strategic purchasing programs that facilitate employee access to supplies.
- Remotely monitor the flow of vehicles or inventory, using Web-based logistics information systems to track vehicles or containers.
- Track product flow from origin to final delivery.
- Monitor inventory transactions at warehouse facilities to assess receiving, storage, shipping, or inventory integrity.
||First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers
- Review inventory and sales records to prepare reports for management and budget departments.
- Inventory stock and reorder when inventory drops to a specified level.
||Storage and Distribution Managers
- Monitor inventory levels of products or materials in warehouses.
||Stock Clerks, Sales Floor
- Take inventory or examine merchandise to identify items to be reordered or replenished.
- Appraise, evaluate, and inventory real property and equipment, recording information such as the description, value, and location of property.
- Locate and label parts and maintain inventory of stock.
||First-Line Supervisors of Non-Retail Sales Workers
- Inventory stock and reorder when inventories drop to specified levels.
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
||Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Except Technical and Scientific Products
- Check stock levels and reorder merchandise as necessary.
||Office Clerks, General
- Inventory and order materials, supplies, and services.
- Inventory stock and requisition new stock.
- Monitor or trace the location of goods.
||First-Line Supervisors of Office and Administrative Support Workers
- Monitor inventory levels and requisition or purchase supplies as needed.