- Erect scaffolding or ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Assemble and fasten materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Construct forms or chutes for pouring concrete.
- Set up scaffolding to provide safe access to roofs.
- Assemble, erect, or dismantle scaffolds, rigging, or hoisting equipment.
- Set ladders, scaffolds, and hoists in place for taking supplies to roofs.
||Structural Iron and Steel Workers
- Assemble hoisting equipment or rigging, such as cables, pulleys, or hooks, to move heavy equipment or materials.
- Erect or dismantle scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, or other temporary structures.
||Roof Bolters, Mining
- Tighten ends of anchored truss bolts, using turnbuckles.
||Plasterers and Stucco Masons
||Helpers--Painters, Paperhangers, Plasterers, and Stucco Masons
||Helpers--Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, and Tile and Marble Setters
- Erect scaffolding or other installation structures.
||Roustabouts, Oil and Gas
- Bolt or nail together wood or steel framework to erect derricks.
||Derrick Operators, Oil and Gas
- Set and bolt crown blocks to posts at tops of derricks.
||Painters, Construction and Maintenance
- Erect scaffolding or swing gates, or set up ladders, to work above ground level.
- Set up equipment, such as pasteboards and scaffolds.
||Paving, Surfacing, and Tamping Equipment Operators
- Set up and tear down equipment.
||Hazardous Materials Removal Workers
- Build containment areas prior to beginning abatement or decontamination work.
||Hydroelectric Plant Technicians
- Erect scaffolds, platforms, or hoisting frames to access hydroelectric plant machinery or infrastructure for repair or replacement.
||Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters
- Erect ladders and scaffolding to fit together large assemblies.
- Erect electrical system components and barricades, and rig scaffolds, hoists, and shoring.
||Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Set up portable equipment, such as ventilators, exhaust units, ladders, or scaffolding.