Details Report for:
13-2099.03 - Investment Underwriters
Manage communications or negotiations between corporate issuers of securities and clients regarding private equity investments. Underwrite the issuance of securities to provide capital for client growth. Negotiate and structure the terms of mergers or acquisitions.
This title represents an occupation for which data collection is currently underway.
- Advise clients on aspects of capitalization, such as amounts, sources, or timing.
- Analyze financial or operational performance of companies facing financial difficulties to identify or recommend remedies.
- Arrange deals involving green investments in areas such as alternative energy product development, green technologies, or sustainable agriculture.
- Arrange financing of deals from sources such as financial institutions, agencies, or public or private companies.
- Assess companies as investments for clients by examining company facilities.
- Collaborate on projects with other professionals, such as lawyers, accountants, or public relations experts.
- Confer with clients to restructure debt, refinance debt, or raise new debt.
- Coordinate due diligence processes and the negotiation or execution of purchase or sale agreements.
- Create client presentations of plan details.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Direct communications between corporate issuers of new securities and the general public.
- Employ financial models to develop solutions to financial problems or to assess the financial or capital impact of transactions.
- Evaluate capital needs of clients and assess market conditions to inform structuring of financial packages.
- Perform securities valuation or pricing.
- Prepare all materials for transactions or execution of deals.
- Specialize in green financial instruments, such as socially responsible mutual funds or exchange-traded funds (ETF) that are comprised of green companies.
- Structure marketing campaigns to find buyers for new securities.
- Structure or negotiate deals, such as corporate mergers, sales, or acquisitions.
- Supervise, train, or mentor junior team members.
- Electronic mail software — Email software
- Financial analysis software — Bloomberg Professional; Moody's KMV CreditEdge; Moody's RiskCalc
- Graphics or photo imaging software — Microsoft Visio
- Internet browser software — Web browser software
- Office suite software — Microsoft Office
- Presentation software — Microsoft PowerPoint
- Project management software — Microsoft SharePoint
- Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel
- Word processing software — Microsoft Word
Hot Technology — a technology requirement frequently included in employer job postings.
- Negotiate contracts with clients or service providers.
- Advise others on business or operational matters.
- Advise others on financial matters.
- Analyze business or financial data.
- Analyze market conditions or trends.
- Apply mathematical models of financial or business conditions.
- Assess financial status of clients.
- Create marketing materials.
- Determine the value of goods or services.
- Develop business relationships.
- Evaluate condition of properties.
- Identify strategic business investment opportunities.
- Prepare contracts or other transaction documents.
- Supervise employees.
- Train personnel to enhance job skills.
- Update professional knowledge.
Wages & Employment Trends
Median wages data collected from Financial Specialists, All Other.
Employment data collected from Financial Specialists, All Other.
Industry data collected from Financial Specialists, All Other.
|Median wages (2015)||$32.05 hourly, $66,670 annual|
|Employment (2014)||145,000 employees|
|Projected growth (2014-2024)||Average (5% to 8%)|
|Projected job openings (2014-2024)||21,900|
|Top industries (2014)||
Finance and Insurance (32% employed in this sector)
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics 2015 wage data and 2014-2024 employment projections . "Projected growth" represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2014-2024). "Projected job openings" represent openings due to growth and replacement.