Related occupations for task:
Design and construct templates and fixtures, using hand tools.
||Fabric and Apparel Patternmakers
- Create a master pattern for each size within a range of garment sizes, using charts, drafting instruments, computers, or grading devices.
- Draw outlines of pattern parts by adapting or copying existing patterns, or by drafting new patterns.
- Create a paper pattern from which to mass-produce a design concept.
- Discuss design specifications with designers, and convert their original models of garments into patterns of separate parts that can be laid out on a length of fabric.
- Create design specifications to provide instructions on garment sewing and assembly.
- Trace outlines of paper onto cardboard patterns, and cut patterns into parts to make templates.
||Patternmakers, Metal and Plastic
- Assemble pattern sections, using hand tools, bolts, screws, rivets, glue, or welding equipment.
- Construct platforms, fixtures, and jigs for holding and placing patterns.
- Create computer models of patterns or parts, using modeling software.
- Design and create templates, patterns, or coreboxes according to work orders, sample parts, or mockups.
- Correct patterns to compensate for defects in castings.
- Glue fillets along interior angles of patterns.
||Layout Workers, Metal and Plastic
- Plan and develop layouts from blueprints and templates, applying knowledge of trigonometry, design, effects of heat, and properties of metals.
- Design and prepare templates of wood, paper, or metal.
||Shoe and Leather Workers and Repairers
- Draw patterns, using measurements, designs, plaster casts, or customer specifications, and position or outline patterns on work pieces.
See all 12 related occupations >>