Related occupations for task:
Assemble shell halves, patterns, and foundry flasks, and reinforce core boxes, using glue, clamps, wire, bolts, rams, or machines.
||Foundry Mold and Coremakers
- Form and assemble slab cores around patterns, and position wire in mold sections to reinforce molds, using hand tools and glue.
- Position cores into lower sections of molds, and reassemble molds for pouring.
- Tend machines that bond cope and drag together to form completed shell molds.
- Rotate sweep boards around spindles to make symmetrical molds for convex impressions.
- Construct preliminary models of wax, metal, clay, or plaster, and form sample castings in molds.
- Design and fabricate molds, models, and machine accessories, and modify hand tools used to cast metal and jewelry pieces.
- Assemble and secure mold sections used to cast metal articles and pieces.
- Build sand molds in flasks, following patterns and heat flasks to dry and harden molds, using furnaces or torches.
||Molding and Casting Workers
- Assemble, insert, and adjust wires, tubes, cores, fittings, rods, or patterns into molds, using hand tools and depth gauges.
- Operate molding machines that compact sand in flasks to form molds.
- Construct or form molds for use in casting metal, clay, or plaster objects, using plaster, fiberglass, rubber, casting machines, patterns, or flasks.
||Precious Metal Workers
- Design and fabricate models of new casting molds, and chipping and turning tools used to finish product surfaces.
- Assemble molds, wrap molds in heat-resistant cloth, and ladle molten alloy into mold openings, repeating casting processes as necessary to produce specified numbers of parts.
||Model Makers, Wood
- Construct wooden models, patterns, templates, full scale mock-ups, and molds for parts of products and production tools.
See all 8 related occupations >>