Related occupations for task:
Enter, position, and alter text size, using computers, to make up and arrange pages so that printed materials can be produced.
||Computer-Controlled Machine Tool Operators, Metal and Plastic
- Transfer commands from servers to computer numerical control (CNC) modules, using computer network links.
- Set up and operate computer-controlled machines or robots to perform one or more machine functions on metal or plastic workpieces.
- Insert control instructions into machine control units to start operation.
- Enter commands or load control media, such as tapes, cards, or disks, into machine controllers to retrieve programmed instructions.
- Modify cutting programs to account for problems encountered during operation, and save modified programs.
- Implement changes to machine programs, and enter new specifications, using computers.
- Set up future jobs while machines are operating.
- Input initial part dimensions into machine control panels.
- Write simple programs for computer-controlled machine tools.
||Computer Numerically Controlled Machine Tool Programmers, Metal and Plastic
- Write programs in the language of a machine's controller and store programs on media such as punch tapes, magnetic tapes, or disks.
- Revise programs or tapes to eliminate errors, and retest programs to check that problems have been solved.
- Write instruction sheets and cutter lists for a machine's controller to guide setup and encode numerical control tapes.
- Enter computer commands to store or retrieve parts patterns, graphic displays, or programs that transfer data to other media.
- Modify existing programs to enhance efficiency.
- Enter coordinates of hole locations into program memories by depressing pedals or buttons of programmers.
||Model Makers, Metal and Plastic
- Program computer numerical control (CNC) machines to fabricate model parts.
- Use computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacture (CAM) software or hardware to fabricate model parts.
||Printing Press Operators
- Adjust digital files to alter print elements, such as fonts, graphics, or color separations.
- Input production job settings into workstation terminals that control automated printing systems.
||Patternmakers, Metal and Plastic
- Program computerized numerical control machine tools.
See all 15 related occupations >>