||Tree Trimmers and Pruners
- Cut away dead and excess branches from trees, or clear branches around power lines, using climbing equipment or buckets of extended truck booms, or chainsaws, hooks, handsaws, shears, and clippers.
- Trim, top, and reshape trees to achieve attractive shapes or to remove low-hanging branches.
- Trim jagged stumps, using saws or pruning shears.
- Prune, cut down, fertilize, and spray trees as directed by tree surgeons.
- Water, root-feed, and fertilize trees.
- Transplant and remove trees and shrubs, and prepare trees for moving.
- Harvest tanbark by cutting rings and slits in bark and stripping bark from trees, using spuds or axes.
||Landscaping and Groundskeeping Workers
- Water lawns, trees, or plants, using portable sprinkler systems, hoses, or watering cans.
- Prune or trim trees, shrubs, or hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
- Trim or pick flowers and clean flower beds.
- Plant seeds, bulbs, foliage, flowering plants, grass, ground covers, trees, or shrubs, and apply mulch for protection, using gardening tools.
- Mow or edge lawns, using power mowers or edgers.
- Use irrigation methods to adjust the amount of water consumption and to prevent waste.
- Clear brush from work areas and escape routes, and cut saplings and other trees from direction of falls, using axes, chainsaws, or bulldozers.
- Trim off the tops and limbs of trees, using chainsaws, delimbers, or axes.
||Forest and Conservation Workers
- Thin or space trees, using power thinning saws.
- Prune or shear tree tops or limbs to control growth, increase density, or improve shape.
||Pesticide Handlers, Sprayers, and Applicators, Vegetation
- Plant grass with seed spreaders, and operate straw blowers to cover seeded areas with mixtures of asphalt and straw.