Related occupations for task:
Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Monitor systems for intrusions or denial of service attacks, and report security breaches to appropriate personnel.
- Correct testing-identified problems, or recommend actions for their resolution.
- Determine sources of Web page or server problems, and take action to correct such problems.
- Collaborate with development teams to discuss, analyze, or resolve usability issues.
- Test backup or recovery plans regularly and resolve any problems.
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback, and correct problems or refer problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Confer with management or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Communicate with network personnel or Web site hosting agencies to address hardware or software issues affecting Web sites.
- Monitor security system performance logs to identify problems and notify security specialists when problems occur.
- Correct errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
- Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
- Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs.
||Operations Research Analysts
- Collaborate with senior managers and decision makers to identify and solve a variety of problems and to clarify management objectives.
- Collaborate with others in the organization to ensure successful implementation of chosen problem solutions.
||Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers
- Perform initial debugging procedures by reviewing configuration files, logs, or code pieces to determine breakdown source.
- Collaborate with field staff or customers to evaluate or diagnose problems and recommend possible solutions.
See all 15 related occupations >>