Related occupations for task:
Remove engines from equipment, and position and bolt engines to repair stands.
- Insert shims, adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts.
- Assemble machines, and bolt, weld, rivet, or otherwise fasten them to foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Position steel beams to support bedplates of machines and equipment, using blueprints and schematic drawings, to determine work procedures.
- Bolt parts, such as side and deck plates, jaw plates, and journals, to basic assembly unit.
||Home Appliance Repairers
- Disassemble appliances so that problems can be diagnosed and repairs can be made.
- Hang steel supports from beams or joists to hold hoses, vents, and gas pipes in place.
||Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
- Disassemble defective equipment so that repairs can be made, using hand tools.
- Bolt porcelain insulators to wood parts to assemble hot stools.
||Mechanical Door Repairers
- Set doors into place or stack hardware sections into openings after rail or track installation.
- Remove or disassemble defective automatic mechanical door closers, using hand tools.
||Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics
- Tear down, repair, and rebuild faulty assemblies, such as power systems, steering systems, and linkages.
- Disassemble units and inspect parts for wear, using micrometers, calipers, and gauges.
See more related occupations >>