Related occupations for task:
Identify program deviance from standards, and suggest modifications to ensure compliance.
||Computer Systems Engineers/Architects
- Provide advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes.
- Investigate system component suitability for specified purposes and make recommendations regarding component use.
- Design and conduct hardware or software tests.
- Evaluate existing systems to determine effectiveness and suggest changes to meet organizational requirements.
- Evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, is properly structured, meets industry standards, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Perform Web site tests according to planned schedules, or after any Web site or product revision.
- Develop or validate test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Recommend and implement performance improvements.
- Recommend Web site improvements, and develop budgets to support recommendations.
- Correct testing-identified problems, or recommend actions for their resolution.
- Test new software packages for use in Web operations or other applications.
||Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Design, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Research new technologies by attending seminars, reading trade articles, or taking classes, and implement or recommend the implementation of new technologies.
- Correct errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
See all 16 related occupations >>