Related occupations for task:
Calculate required capacities for equipment of proposed system to obtain specified performance and submit data to engineering personnel for approval.
- Determine quality, cost, strength, and quantity of required materials, and enter figures on materials lists.
- Calculate excavation tonnage and prepare graphs and fill-hauling diagrams for use in earth-moving operations.
- Calculate weights, volumes, and stress factors and their implications for technical aspects of designs.
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction, or installation standards or specifications.
- Prepare specifications for purchases of materials or equipment.
||Aerospace Engineering and Operations Technicians
- Identify required data, data acquisition plans, and test parameters, setting up equipment to conform to these specifications.
||Civil Engineering Technicians
- Calculate dimensions, square footage, profile and component specifications, and material quantities using calculator or computer.
- Prepare and interpret specifications, calculating weights, volumes, and stress factors.
See all 14 related occupations >>