Related occupations for task:
Gather and analyze research data, such as statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, and documents.
||Title Examiners, Abstractors, and Searchers
- Examine documentation such as mortgages, liens, judgments, easements, plat books, maps, contracts, and agreements to verify factors such as properties' legal descriptions, ownership, or restrictions.
- Examine individual titles to determine if restrictions, such as delinquent taxes, will affect titles and limit property use.
- Verify accuracy and completeness of land-related documents accepted for registration, preparing rejection notices when documents are not acceptable.
||Administrative Law Judges, Adjudicators, and Hearing Officers
- Research and analyze laws, regulations, policies, and precedent decisions to prepare for hearings and to determine conclusions.
- Review and evaluate data on documents, such as claim applications, birth or death certificates, or physician or employer records.
- Conduct studies of appeals procedures in field agencies to ensure adherence to legal requirements and to facilitate determination of cases.
||Arbitrators, Mediators, and Conciliators
- Research laws, regulations, policies, or precedent decisions to prepare for hearings.
- Conduct studies of appeals procedures to ensure adherence to legal requirements or to facilitate disposition of cases.
- Evaluate information from documents, such as claim applications, birth or death certificates, or physician or employer records.
- Study Constitution, statutes, decisions, regulations, and ordinances of quasi-judicial bodies to determine ramifications for cases.
- Examine legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuit.
- Search for and examine public and other legal records to write opinions or establish ownership.
||Judicial Law Clerks
- Research laws, court decisions, documents, opinions, briefs, or other information related to cases before the court.
- Review complaints, petitions, motions, or pleadings that have been filed to determine issues involved or basis for relief.
See all 8 related occupations >>