Related Occupations for Task
29-2011.02 - Cytotechnologists
Related occupations for task:
Assist pathologists or other physicians to collect cell samples by fine needle aspiration (FNA) biopsy or other method.
||Veterinary Technologists and Technicians
- Provide veterinarians with the correct equipment or instruments, as needed.
- Take animals into treatment areas and assist with physical examinations by performing such duties as obtaining temperature, pulse, or respiration data.
- Provide assistance with animal euthanasia and the disposal of remains.
- Assist anesthesiologists in monitoring of patients, including electrocardiogram (EKG), direct arterial pressure, central venous pressure, arterial blood gas, hematocrit, or routine measurement of temperature, respiration, blood pressure or heart rate.
- Assist anesthesiologists in performing anesthetic procedures, such as epidural or spinal injections.
- Assist in the application of monitoring techniques, such as pulmonary artery catheterization, electroencephalographic spectral analysis, echocardiography, or evoked potentials.
- Work as part of a team of physicians, nurses, or other healthcare professionals to manage patient care by assisting with medical procedures or related duties.
- Use a variety of testing techniques to assist doctors in cardiac or pulmonary research or to diagnose disorders.
- Collaborate with or assist doctors, psychologists, or rehabilitation therapists in working with mentally ill, emotionally disturbed, or developmentally disabled patients to treat, rehabilitate, and return patients to the community.
- Provide assistance to other healthcare personnel during dosimetry procedures and tumor localization.
See all 12 related occupations >>