Related Occupations for Task
29-1051.00 - Pharmacists
Related occupations for task:
Prepare sterile solutions or infusions for use in surgical procedures, emergency rooms, or patients' homes.
- Prepack bulk medicines, fill bottles with prescribed medications, and type and affix labels.
- Mix pharmaceutical preparations, according to written prescriptions.
- Transfer medication from vials to the appropriate number of sterile, disposable syringes, using aseptic techniques.
- Restock intravenous (IV) supplies and add measured drugs or nutrients to IV solutions under sterile conditions to prepare IV packs for various uses, such as chemotherapy medication.
- Store, sterilize, or prepare the special applicators containing the radioactive substance implanted by the physician.
- Assist in the preparation of sealed radioactive materials, such as cobalt, radium, cesium, or isotopes, for use in radiation treatments.
- Select, prepare, or use equipment, monitors, supplies, or drugs for the administration of anesthetics.
- Prepare prescribed solutions and administer local, intravenous, spinal, or other anesthetics, following specified methods and procedures.
||Veterinary Technologists and Technicians
- Prepare and administer medications, vaccines, serums, or treatments, as prescribed by veterinarians.
- Fill prescriptions, measuring medications and labeling containers.
- Prepare substances, such as reagents and dilution, and stains for histological specimens according to protocols.
See all 10 related occupations >>